TRIP DESTINATIONS IN SOUTH TYROL
Alta Badia and the Dolomites region
The distinctive natural scenery of the Dolomites is only one of the reasons that makes it worth a visit. A holiday in South Tyrol is also attractive as a result of the many destinations to various places of interest.
Things to do around Alta Badia.
Get to know Ladin culture, language and traditions.
- Ciastel Colz in La Villa/Alta Badia
- Santa Croce pilgrimage church
- The Ladin Museum Ciastel de Tor in San Martino in Badia
- Il Valle dei Mulini (valley of the mills) in Longiarù
- The Ladin Cultural Institute in San Martino in Badia
- Open-Air Museum of Lagazuoi – open-air WWI museum
- Paraciora game reserve between La Villa and Pedraces
- “Les Viles” Ladin farmhouses
- Farmers’ markets
- Bolzano, the state capital
Old town, Portici medieval shopping arcades, strolling and shopping, Bolzano Victory Monument, cathedral, the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology where you can admire Ötzi the Iceman
- The Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle
- Säben Abbey in Klausen
- The earth pyramids of Platten near Bruneck
- Famous mountain roads and passes with amazing panoramic views
Gardena Pass, Sella Pass, Pordoi Pass, Campolongo Pass, Valparola Pass, Falzarego Pass, Würzjoch and Furkelpass mountain passes